Monday, September 24, 2007

Fat Neck!

I just love family get togethers. You never know what interesting tidbits you might get; great compliments, innocent jabs (or are they?). Last night we went over to Neil's dad's house for our monthly Koelle get together. His grandma was there and having just got back from spending time out of state with her daughter, it was the first time we've seen her for a couple of months. Now to really understand all that will be said, you must know that something like this comes out of her mouth at every family get together. Sometimes I feel quite offended and other times I try to just laugh it off as the ramblings of an old woman. Last night, I had just sat down with my 2 subs on small rolls, and Grandma Jean pipes up... Tammie, you look like you've lost some weight in your face and neck! Wow Grandma, thanks so much for letting me know I had a fat face and neck! Fat Neck??? Can I even have a fat neck? I didn't realize that I should worry about the percentage of fat I have on my neck! Thanks so much for pointing that out to me and from now on I will try to keep my neck in better shape!
The night goes on... "While I was at Nancy's, Tammie, she got a recipe email from you. Nancy guesses you must have a lot of time on your hands." Well Gee, lets think about it... what do I do? What does my day consist of? Oh yeah, I sit around watching soap operas all day long,eating and letting my neck get fat! So I came home, somewhat put off by that comment. and I go through my list of things that I do pretty much on a daily basis. Breakfast, baths, brush hair, brush teeth, nurse Travis, change diaper, give him a bath, empty dishwasher, start filling, clean up breakfast stuff, take my shower, get dressed, make lunch, clean up, drop Mally off at school, put Travis down for a nap, sweep kitchen floor so Travis won't eat the crumbs, find something for Garrett to do, make my own baby food for Travis, get travis up for nap, change diaper, feed Travis, pick Mally up for school, help with homework, make dinner, the list goes on and on and on! I also am the cub scout committe chair so I have to do that stuff during th weeks, I manage my softball team, I head up my neighborhood book club. I don't do anything! Thats how much time I have on my hands!

8 comments:

Kasey said...

Settle down Tam! You do not nor have you ever had a fat neck or face. That would so be me! I've always said that your face is always thin. I hate that. Mine is always fat. UGH! Your family stuff kills me! I do know you are pretty lazy. I think maybe you do watch soaps and let your neck get fat. That's awesome!

Juliette said...

Now you just leave that list on Grandma's door! I double dog dare ya. I get so annoyed when people make comments like that, and I do the exact same thing. Except after the comment is made, I tune out of the conversation to start listing the things I do in my head. Grandma's are the best, and they are known for completely dominating people with the things they say. I can't wait until I am a granny.

The Martin Family said...

Can I joint the fat neck club? I will be president!

Cass and Natalia said...

Oh grandmas can be so thoughtful! I think your face is beautiful and thin also. Someone dear to me still can't believe how BIG I get when I am pregnant, I LOVE to hear that too, way to boost our self esteems huh! j/k Oh well, take care!

Ted & Patty said...

You silly girl... see how you are?

I love how you write with such passion... I can really feel what you are feeling...

Remind me to only say nice things to you from now on... super nice things...

You are super pretty!

Quick, put something else up! A happy Tammie post... Or I guess I'll just scan down to the happy baby pictures...
There that's better... Happy Travis!
Oh, Spider... scary!
Happy children!...
Frog poop? LOL! You're silly
Love ya!

juliette said...

As much as I like rereading your fat neck story, and the picture of the barbie shower party- I want to see more cute pictures of you and your fam, plus I want to make sure you are still my friend after spending a weekend at my house with my crazy family. We had fun, thanx for visiting.

jalipeno said...

hi tam!
i need your address for my baby shower!
can you email it to me -
jordanandallie@msn.com

Thank you!
Allie :)

Dave, Tamara and Addysen Mowers said...

HI Tammie,


I was smiling so hard when I read this post... Hilarious... No.. I don't think you have a fat neck.... I am not sure that is possible... you look great!!!

Garrett and Trav are so handsome in their cowboy hats... and their halloween costumes were awesome....!! You did a great job.

Wow, ready your list of things to do made me tired. I have realized that I am pretty lazy. Whewww..... still tired. :):)

Have a great day.

Tamara