Tuesday, July 10, 2007

5 Minutes of Alone Time

So my day has been seriously crazy and here I am with 5 minutes of alone time and what am I doing? Nothing productive obviously, just checking out the blogs! Sometimes I wish I had about 5 more hours added on to my day, only nighttime hours though. the only time of day when I am hopefully able to do what I want to do.

My batteries on my camera died on the 4th, but I feel I need to post something, just for remembering sake I guess. So today was lots of fun. First I woke up at 7AM(very early for me! Yes I know I'm lazy!), to get Mally ready to go to the doctor to get her tongue snipped. It went well, I was prepared with her blankie, doll, and an Amelia Bedelia book to read. The nurse said she has never had an IV go so smoothly with a child and that she was just a perfect patient! Good to hear, I tried to keep it as untraumatizing as possible for Mally, and me! The ride home was a little bit more painful for her than I had hoped. Whats with pain medication anyway! They tell you it should last 2 hours and it actually only is about 1/2 hour! Poor thing was just crying on the way home cause her tongue hurt! I was in the back with her, but thanks to the seat belt law I couldn't really be as comforting as I would have liked!

We get home, and Travis is there with his nose running, drool streaming from his mouth and little chapped cheeks! Oh my, the poor little thing! He is running a slight fever too. Tonight would have been a great night for Neil to have a normal job with regualr hours! I feel like I've been running from one sad little child to the next! Being a Mom is HARD! And poor Garrett is driving me nuts becuase he has so much energy, he keeps popping up in my face making wierd noises! I finally had to send him outside to play with the dog just so he would get some energy out of him! I wish it were cooler I would have made him run laps around the backyard! Then I sliced my finger pretty deep cutting an avacado. There was blood dripping everywhere and it hurt too dang it!

Now it's quiet, Travis is finally asleep and hopefully will be for more than an hour this time. Mally is down and hopefully won't feel any pain tonight. Garrett hopefully won't wake me up at 2AM with a sad whimper and his underwear dripping wet. And last, Neil will hopefully make it home with out falling asleep at the wheel or getting pulled over for speeding or some kind of accident. Sounds like a lot of hopefully's! Oh, did I mention that sick or not I love them all? Tomorrow will be better!(Hopefully!)

8 comments:

Jill said...

what a day! Monday was like that for me. I called my sister in law to take my kids b/c I thought I would throw them through the window. You love them, but man...I don't know about you...but sometimes I wonder where I went???? I hope today is getting better for you! There are lots of jobs at SRP open. Niel should apply. I'm always wishing John would...oh, and did you snip Mally's mouth so she would stop talking??? :)

Tammie said...

She was tongue tied. So I figured we better get it done before she starts school in August.

Ted & Patty said...

Hey Tammie,
I think Lori had to have her tongue snipped too. Strange thing. I hope Mally feels better soon. I thought that first comment was funny about having it done so she would stop talking...lol I hope Travis feels better too.
I hear your weariness, your distress, your exhaustion and your concern for your family. I understand your need for rest and peace and the knowledge that your family is safe and happy. I also hear your hope, tenderness and appreciation, which I take comfort from, seeing that you are being kind to yourself for having such powerful feelings and are able to find small pockets of joy among all the stress. Or is it small pockets of stress among all the joy?... It's nice to know that we all share some of the same frustrations and joys. I am grateful that you shared your 5 minutes of alone time with us. I believe venting, happiness and sadness IS productive for the speaker and the listener, or in this case the writer and the reader. I am touched by your words. Thank you. I value your thoughts and your happiness.
I hope you are able to find some LARGE moments of pure happiness today.
And Happy Birthday to Garrett!... and to you too. His birthday is your BIRTH day too, right? Happy Happy Birthday!!
Love you guys!

jalipeno said...

dang, my life is cake compared to yours!
i'm on the west side of phx.

Heidi said...

Sounds like you had a crazy day!! If you ever need a break and I am home give me a call and the kids can come play over here for a while. Sure I am not as much fun, but we can make it work!! Hope things went better today!

Tiff Hunt said...

No Dairy??? Let me know how you do on that. I have heard that before, on the eat right for your blood type. Type A blood types aren't supposed to eat dairy. I am type A. I should try it. I don't know, I'm a chicken. Seriously, let me know how it works for you. You sound like you had a rough time. I am so sorry. You are an awesome mom!!! I hope you find some peace and alone time. I hope Travis and Mallory are feeling better. Garret sounds like a pistol. What a cutie.

Kasey said...

Eric is her hot married BF! J/K
He's a guy in her bootcamp who threw up on his way home after the first night of bootcamp.

Heidi said...

Actually he was driving his kids home and wasn't feeling well, so he asked his little girl to say a prayer and right after she said "Bless that daddy will feel better" he threw up all over the steering wheel, twice- but he did feel better! Kind of a nasty way to teach his children about HF and the power of prayer:)