Monday, March 17, 2008

YEA!!!

Okay, so one of the busiest things going on for me has been scouts. I've been in scouts for the past 3 years, 1 1/2 yrs. as the Webelos leader, and the other half as the cub committee chair. Now most people who haven't been in scouts may think that this is a cushie job. Let me tell you, it's not! Planning a big party every month is not easy and making sure all the leaders are doing what they are supposed to, not easy. And considering that for a committee it consisted of me the primary leader and our cub master and Neil who was also the webelos leader with me and the reason we were released was because he was gone at nights, so guess how much help he was as a committee member, so most of the organizing of everything fell to me. So a few weeks ago I finally confronted my bishopric member over the scouts and told him that I needed a committee about a year ago and he needed to get on the ball and start calling people for me. I've been a tad stressed with my calling for awhile now and with some of the leaders being flakes I just kind of snapped! So just before our blue and gold(after I had already done all the organizing) they finally called a committee for me! That was the last week of february. It all went well, and the bishop told me that someone had told him it was the best blue and gold he had been to. Thats always nice to hear after putting so much time and effort into something. But to be honest, I've been wanting to be released for quite awhile, having Neil gone at nights means I have to drag all my kids, and all the decorations, and food supplies in my truck to pack meeting every month and it is really hard! I can't keep a close enough eye on my kids while I'm setting up and making sure all the awards are set to go and everything is put together, all the while dealing with a fussy baby who needs to eat constantly to be happy. Stress, it was a disease I was living with! I have been slowly losing it every month a little bit more goes. So on Saturday I had a surprise visit from ourmy bishopric member over the cub scouts. He came to let me know that they were releasing me and appreciated all the hard work I put into cub scouts! Oh, the great relief to know that no longer do I have to have the planning meeting coming up next week, or send out a million emails to get responses back, or make sure we have the awards picked up and ready to go, or cart ll my children to pack meeting and be the crazed mom who can't control her children! And so much more! I've enjoyed parts of being in cub scouts and it really is a great program, but I am so THANKFUL that I have finally been released! So yea! It's a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders, and know maybe I can start to like some of the people I've worked with again who haven't followed through on things and made me frustrated! So here's to being released from a calling after 3 years of hard work and dedication despite the many frustrations along the way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YIPEEEE!!!!~~~~
Yeah for you! I'm so glad that you will be able to enjoy life again! You have done a wonderful job in your calling, and I know how much you stress about getting everything just right. You are such a great mom, and leader, and your scouts are going to miss you. On the up side, I'm so happy that now you will hopefully, have time to BLOG!! ;=)

Jill said...

I'm really happy for you! I'm in the scouts, but not for 3 years! SO much goes into it, I know! You are such a responsible person I'm sure it was hard for them to release you. I heard once in the scouts, always in the scouts. Did they call you to be the Primary President now? Just kidding! Hooray for you!