Thursday, July 9, 2009

Justin Tate Koelle






And he will be known as "Tate". We had 2 names, Justin Heath and Ryan Tate/Tate ryan that we couldn't decide between so to make life easier we decided just to combine the 2 so he had a name other than "boy" and then we would decide later which to actually call him. Neil came in with Travis the next morning and said "Travis what's the baby's name?" and Travis said, "Tate." It was very cute, and so it was decided, although I was already planning on telling Neil that I wanted Tate too, so it all worked out well.
He was born on July 6th at 6:55PM. Almost 7 hours after getting to the hospital. Since I was 8 days overdue and already 4 cm dilated the doctor made an appointment for me to go to the hospital and he would just break my water. He did that at 12:30PM, so I guess it could have been longer than the 5 hours of actual laboring I did. It sure was boring though! It was a pretty great experience in the end though because my doctor was in surgery when the baby was coming and so he called in his back up and they sent down a midwife that works there. She was so great, I will go back for her next time! The baby started coming so fast though when it finally started happening I was so scared. I all of a sudden had a contraction and he was coming, not just oh, it's going to be soon, it was there is a freight train coming out of me and there is no stopping it! My mom ran for the nurses and I just looked at Neil and was ready to tell him to get over there and catch the baby. The nurses came in and said hold it back the midwife should be here any second. I had 3 more contractions before she got there and they were all agonizing because I was literally holding him back! She finally got there, threw on an apron over her clothes and some gloves, still wearing her flip flops and then 10 min. later out came the boy! I actually delivered him lying on my side, and she worked with me so there was no tearing or anything. It was great! You know extremely painful, because we worked him out a little bit more gradual instead of the 3 big pushes and it's out, but all in all it was a wonderful experience and Ramona (the midwife) was so amazing, she made me feel so comfortable and was so supportive. I just can't say how great it was!
Okay so I could describe more, but for the sake of writing a novel I'll finish .. he was 8lbs. 2oz. and 21 inches long. He came out all wrapped up in the cord and was surprisingly blue, but he got his color quick and received an APGAR score of 9 both times (not that it's that big of a deal). He kind of looks like he has strawberry blonde hair right now, but we figure it will all fall out and come in blonde too.

13 comments:

Marie said...

Congratulations Tammie! He's a cutie!

Summer said...

Yea! So exciting and I love the name Tate. I just talked to a 3 year old with that name today but Neil has a cousin in his 30's with that name too, it's a good one that'll stand the test of time :).

So from your description, it sounds like it was without an epidural (with the epidural, waiting for the doctor's no problem, but without it, no one was telling me to wait :)), I can't remember if you've always done it that way. I do remember that you would've preferred a midwife if your insurance covered it, so what an awesome blessing!

I'm really glad your boys are spaced out as much as they are, my Brother & SIL had 3 boys in 3.5 years and it was psycho, but Garrett and Mallory are already old enough to be good helpers, so that's awesome and the boys we'll be great friends, Mal will probably just end up best friends with her mom :). Anyhow, this is getting long, Congrats, we're really happy for you!

Travis and Tyra Russell said...

Congrats Tammie! You have a beautiful family!

Tiff Hunt said...

He's so cute!! Congratulations on little baby Tate! I like that name a lot too!! I'm glad the birth went smoothly!

The Cooper Crew said...

Congratulations Tammie! I can't believe it was another boy. It has been forever since I have talked to you. I'll call you and come over sometime soon to see you guys and the new baby.

Jade said...

Too Cute! Congrats!!

Leslie said...

Yay he's here! Sounds like quite an experience. I was eight days over too....stubborn little boys haha:) You guys look great. Hope you are getting some sleep!!

Adam and Samantha said...

Congratulations!! He's a cutie! I can't believe you have 4 kids already! Wow, time flies! Your kids are adorable!

maelynn said...

I'm so happy for your little family! Congratulations on another little cutie boy!
I can't believe he wasn't bigger than that, being 8 days late! I guess that's good for YOU though!

Jaime said...

Congrats! He is so cute. Glad it all went well, but yikes on holding back, I would've told my mom to catch!!

Adam and Jess said...

Congrats. I can't believe you have four kids now!! Life must be busy busy. He looks so cute.

Gaylene said...

Hey Tammie,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so glad you found me so I could find you and see your cute family. I remember you and Neil. I worked at Wells Fargo when Neil was there! You are an amazing mom. It was fun reading through your blog. I saw Marc and Emily on your friends list. They were in our first ward. They are so nice. It's so funny to see who knows who and to see how everyone's family is growing. Your family looks so happy. Thanks again for saying hi. Have a great day.

Gaylene

Michelle McClure said...

Congrats!!! He's a cutie!