Monday, March 2, 2009

Birthday's Past


We've had a few birthdays in the family these past few months and I haven't done much about it.

Travis turned 2 on January 14th. I'm so glad little kids don't realize whats going on because I had just sprained my ankle at the time and I wasn't moving much even with the crutches. My mom and dad did bring him over a cake and we sang to him. Sadly I still haven't bought him a present. Good thing he doesn't care!

Mally turned 7 on Feb. 18th. It was a Wednesday, so early release and no time to do much before the after school kids got to the house. So I took her out the Monday before on Pres. Day. We decided we are only having birthday parties every other year, so this year I took Mal to the mall and we got her ears pierced. it was really exciting for us! I had told her a couple of years ago that it was up to her to tell me when she was ready to do it and she told me thats what she wanted for her present this year! I remember getting my ears pierced when I was 5 and thats why I don't pirece my baby's ears. it was just a fun experience and I want my girls to be able to have that memory too. She did an awesome job and just flinched on the first ear, but the 2nd was so easy and she did great! As part of her present she got to pick out a few more pairs to have when the first came out. It was pretty exciting! Then on Saturday I let her have the neighbors come over for cake and ice cream. Overall i don't think she even missed having an actual party.

Then there's me... I turned 29 on Feb. 24th. We haven't really done anything yet. The weekends are so crazy around here we haven't gotten to it, but Neil did get me some perfume for my birthday. Eventually we'll go out too I think...

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday! Hopefully you'll go do something fun...eventually!

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday! Hopefully you'll go do something fun...eventually!

Kasey said...

I hope you check this. I called tonight, but you were not home. I'm such a lame friend. Your birthday came and went and I didn't even remember. I'm so sorry! I've been so busy there many days in the week I don't even get to shower. That may have been a little too much TMI, but that's me. I'm taking you out! Pick a day next weekend, okay that won't work. Neither will the next 3 or 4. It could even be an evening, then we can go sooner. So, let me know when is good for you. I love you and hope the big 29 was great!

Brenny said...

Happy birthday! And how fun to spend the day with Mallory, take her to the mall, and get her ears pierced. So special!