Monday, September 22, 2008

2 Weeks Down

You know, it seems like I just posted on this thing not too long ago, but apparently it has already been almost a month. Life is just crazy around here. i used to have time to read. I would usually go through 2-3 books a week, and I think I've read 1, and a few chapters this whole month!

What have I been doing you ask? Homeschooling these kiddos takes a lot of time! Not, in a bad way though. It's really been great these past few weeks doing this. The kids seem happy, Garrett has gone to a b-day party every Saturday for the past month, so he's been busy. Mally actually likes doing math, and reading is really coming along. I'm still accumulating the things/books that I need, so we're not quite where I'm wanting to be, but it all takes money. This is great for our family though! I can't wait to really get good at it! I have to re-educate myself on everything now, and try to get away from the book work and get more into the making learning fun and exploring their curiosity and so learning and retaining. I've been trying to read a great book that is mapping it out, but once again, I'm just swamped. it's not just homeschooling either. I'm watching kids almost every day of the week now, collecting cans, and making salsa to try to earn some money.

Neil is full blown back at school and this year is TOUGH! Try having teachers from different countries with super heavy accents and try learning from them. He's so busy trying to figure out what the heck they are saying he's not learning anything! And to top it off those teachers are his physics and Calc.2 teachers. Doesn't that just sound great? So he's studying most hours that he isn't working or in class.

Luckily we're all doing great despite the tough times. The kids are really fun, and I'm really enjoying having them at home. It's hard, I don't ever have time to go grocery shopping, or just be by myself, but I really feel like this is what we are supposed to be doing. I'm so grateful that I have a husband who is fully supportive of this too, it would be so much harder if he wasn't. But like always, Neil is just awesome, he's always been supportive of the things that I really feel strongly about. Well I hope everyone else is doing great. I'm sure no one ever even checks my blog anymore, but if you happen to, please say hi! It's been so long, and I really don't talk to many adults so it's always great to hear from old friends. Some day I'll get around to posting some pictures, I have some really great ones of a very muddy day, and a boy who could fit in a shoe box! Till then...

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Hey there - I'd like to come down soon:) I don't think Matt has been climing since last we were down there. You're all welcome to come out to Idaho anytime too:) Sounds like homeschooling is going well? That's pretty cool that you are doing that.

Brenny said...

I think it is cool that you are homeschooling. I know you will be great at it and really make your kids catch your love of learning.

You gave a great list of TV shows. I haven't seen 'Life' but I'll check it out. I wasn't going to watch the Sarah Connor Chronicles this year but the first two episodes sucked me back in! And I love Bones and am really liking Fringe. It actually makes me want to check out old Alias episodes from the library. My Own Worst Enemy (with Christian Slater) is also intriguing...

Summer said...

i had a russian professor one time and that was the only class i would allow myself to take under him. it took me a month to figure out that he was saying the word "three". he said it more like "shree" and it was an 8:00 math proofs class...ugh! i feel his pain.

The Nunes' said...

Hey Tammie-
I can't believe the whole summer passed w/o seeing you at the pool once! I'm sorry... I should have tried harder to actually set up a time to meet you there. Anyway, I think that is so great that you are homeschooling your kids. Having two kids in school all day for the first time this year has really opened my eyes to why people would make that decision. It's very hard to feel like the outside world is influencing them most of the day. I don't know if I could ever actually make that leap to homeschooling though! Good luck with Neil's schooling too. Does he know how much longer he has left? It will definitely be worth it when he is done. Marc just finished about a year ago and there were definitely times it felt like it was never going to end... but I'm glad we stuck it out and finished! We should try to get together sometime... let me know if there are certain days you are over this way. Sorry for the novel!

Michelle Bebe said...

You go girl! It sounds like you need a night out with your hubby! Maybe after the next round of finals??? Good luck!

Kasey said...

Well, good luck with that and call me back dude! I had a profes I couldn't understand too...I dropped the class. I'm a wuss! Neil is tough, so he'll get through and learn lots of fun and oh so useful things...I'm sure of it!

Tiff Hunt said...

tammie, I am so impressed that you are home schooling your kids. That is one tough job! You are amazing. I bet it's tough not having time to yourself. I would go nuts. Good for all you are doing. I hope all is well for you!

Tanya Yost said...

Hey WOMAN, I am so impressed with you. You are so knowledgeable is so many different things. I have been looking into homeschooling FOR YEARS. But I am scared to hold my children back....because I am not the brightest crayon in the box...espcially now that Dusty and Cheyenna are older. I love all that you wrote about the shots too. Thank you for sharing all that you do. Best of luck with the schooling. Tanya